Volmar undertakes firm-fixed price “At Risk” construction projects
of varied nature including New Construction, Building Renovation, Historic Renovation and Design-Build Construction.
Volmar’s past experience encompasses different types of structures including Multi Family Housing, Historic Buildings, Hospitals, Court Houses, Transit Facilities, Libraries, Schools, Dormitories, and Office buildings.
Volmar Construction, Inc. was one of the early adapters of the Job Order Contract concept (“JOC”) and has been a successful JOC Contractor in the Northeast since 1989. It has been involved in JOC Contracts with numerous agencies and in multiple geographical locations from Maine to Virginia.
Since its inception, Volmar has completed over 10,000 job orders using the JOC concept for its client agencies. It is currently one of the largest JOC Contractors of its type in the nation and has completed over sixty JOC contracts since 1995. Its contracts are marked by extensive job order issuance and option renewals, a reliable indication of customer satisfaction.
Volmar remains committed to the JOC concept as an effective tool for its client agencies that manage multiple facilities across geographically dispersed locations.
Volmar has long recognized the benefits of offering Design-Build services to its client agencies which results in shortened construction schedules, better design and a more cost-effective approach to construction. It has entered into partnership with several leading A/E firms to offer Design-Build services on both new construction and renovation projects.
Volmar’s major client agencies
- General Services Administration
- Department of the Army
- Department of the Navy
- Department of the Air Force
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Postal Service
- New York State Office of General Services
- New York City School Construction Authority
- New York City Department of Education
- New York City Department of Design and Construction
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection
- Dormitory Authority of the State of New York